All over for another year, and a massive thank you to all out volunteers who turned out in horrid weather to man the 12th Seagrave Wolds Challenge, whether in admin, catering, event planning & support and marshalling the route. Without such a high turnout from our small village then none of this could happen and the 530 people who set off from the hall would not have such a well managed and safe event to enjoy. Thank you.
For all our Challengers a big 'thank you' to you as well. This year our volunteers tell us that you were very courteous on the course and your kind words on the way around were very well received by our sometimes cold and soggy volunteers. As one well loved villager always says "It's nice to be nice."
This years Roll of Honour
- 1st to make the finish was Tom Yates in 1:54:18
- 1st lady Challenger was Sarah Thorp in 2:07:18
- 1st Senior Challenger was Peter Collinge in 2:24:02
- 1st Junior Challenger was Hannah Stewart in 2:54:05
- 1st walker home was David Weavers in 3:39:13
- Last to arrive home (and rightly proud of it) was Virupa Ramachandran, just beating her 7 hour target. Well done.
Well done to everyone who finished this years Challenge.
Some statistics for this record year.
- We had a record total of 672 registered Challengers when entries closed.
- There were 507 runners and 165 walkers.
- We had a record number of dogs on the 2012 Challenge, with over 20.
- We had 106 runners and 53 walkers either retire of fail to make the start line.
- We had a record 513 finishers and no injuries reported.